OSA NY/NJ Social Media Posting Guidelines
July 25, 2017
General Posting Guidelines:
- Social Media includes WhatsApp Group(s), Yahoo Group, Website Forum and Facebook Group (s).
- All posts must accompany full name
- Post must be related or relevant to OSA, OSA NY/NJ, its members or Odisha (collectively known as OSA NY/NJ)
- Post must be professional in nature
- Post must be such that the mother of the poster will not be uncomfortable to read
- No personal attack is allowed
- Owner of the post must own the copyright of the content posted
- Marketing is not allowed unless the content is related to OSA or OSA NY/NJ events
- Postings from the OSA NY/NJ Social Media Group(s) can not be copied and posted to other forums. This includes job postings, internship postings or technical trainings. If postings include e-mail addresses or phone numbers; then those must not be shared.
- OSA NY/NJ can not mask the cell phone numbers. We are not responsible for any communication that takes places outside the group.
- In day, no more than 10 messages can be posted
Types of Posts Encouraged:
- Contributions to OSA NY/NJ, OSA, or Odisha including members in need.
- Promote Social or Professional Networking to advance career growth or help a member in need.
- Assist graduates with internships, jobs or career guidance.
- Assist OSA NY/NJ members or fellow Odiyas or Odisha.
- Directly involved with or able to influence investments, jobs, internships or business deals.
- Able to directly and positively contribute to OSA NY/NJ, OSA or Odisha.
- Related to OSA NY/NJ, OSA or Odisha events
The chat group must not be used for the following:
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a chat group leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge identity or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content;
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose ;
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission,
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
- use the data for any marketing purpose except for OSA NY/NJ or OSA events
If anyone found to violate the guidelines, the user can be removed from Social Media Group with or without notice.